As Malaysia is heading towards endemic soon, you will be wondering is there a better way to renew instead of making an appointment online and waiting in line to do the renewal.
The good news is, you can! Here is step by step how you can do it.
Step 2: Click on 'Setuju' after all the terms and conditions.
This page spells us some specifications, including:
- The renewal date will be based on the time you apply;
- The photo size is 35mm width x 50mm height;
- Your clothing used in the photo should be dark coloured;
- Applicants have to be more than 13 years old with previous passports.
Step 3: Check and fill up the information, including passport number, identification card, location of the collection, and click on 'Carian'.
Step 4: On this page, click 'SETUJU'.
Some reminders before renewing your Malaysian passport online:
- Your passport is physically in good condition, not torn, smudged, etc.
- All the information that you enter is deemed correct.
- Your passport photo is the latest.
Step 5: This page reminds you how your Malaysian passport photo should look like. Double-check your passport photo if they comply. For further detail, scroll to the end of this article.
Step 6: Upload your passport size photo. After done, click on the 'check box'. By checking the box, you are confirming that the photo you uploaded is yourself.
Step 7: Click 'Choose File' and upload your photo. If you are wearing a hijab, check the box. After that, click 'Muat Naik. Gambar' and click 'Kembali'.
Step 8: Double-check your details to make sure it is correct. Click on the checkbox if all information is correct.
Step 9: Next, fill in all the details, including updates on your latest address, email address, and mobile number. After done, click 'TERUSKAN KEPADA BAYARAN'.
Step 10: Next, proceed to payment, and you should arrive at this page.
Here are the requirements for your Malaysian Passport photo.
- Size of the photo: 50mm x 35mm
- The background of the photo must be white, and no shadowing is allowed
- Your shirt must be in dark colour without revealing the shoulders
- The head should be in the centre of the photo with a 10mm top and bottom of the photo
- No eyewear is allowed, including spectacles, sun glasses or contact lenses
- No head accessories are allowed, except for the hijab
For more information, visit Malaysia Immigration's website.