Malaysian, it is time to check your cupboard whether you have any of these products.
According to the Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (KKM) found 21 food products involving 16 brands contains controlled poison! The products contain chemical like sildenafil, tadalafil, dexamethasone and prednisolone. Dexamethasone is a steroid to treat asthma, cancer and etc; where prednisolone is a corticosteroid for blood allergies, certain cancer and etc. Side effects of these drugs can lead to serious stomach pain, dizziness and the list goes on.
List of products (more picture in the link):
- Tonic Drink. Tonik Tuan Haji 1921: Rimbunan Herb. Contain Dexamethasone & Prednisolone.
- Candy B+ Complex. California Pure: My Own Brand Sdn Bhd. Contain Tadalafil.
- Orange+. No Brand: My Own Brand Sdn Bhd. Contain Tadalafil.
- Kopi Panggung Al Ambiak. Natural Herbs Coffee: Syed Fadil Al Yahya. Contain Sildenafil 1225mg/kg.
- Kopi Jantan Traditional. Natural Herbs Coffee: Worldgate Vision. Contain Tadalafil 161mg/kg.
- Kopi Pra Campuran. WM Coffee: WM Coffee Marketing. Contain Tadalafil 4183mg/kg.
- Kopi Harimau. Kopi Harimau: Max Mur Trading. Contain Tadalafil.
- Kopi Mutiara. Mutiara: Iman Mutiara. Contain Tadalafil 1736mg/kg.
- Jus Kesihatan Traditional. Jus Saidina: Sinar Mega Sdn Bhd. Contain Dexamethasone.
- Miracle Energy Coffee. Sabah Brand: Jaya Niaga Enterprise. Contain Tadalafil.
- Kopi Strong Man Plus. Natural Herbs Coffee: N/A. Contain Sildenafil 2055mg/kg.
"Legal actions have been taken against the manufacturers and distributors of 4 of the brands. 12 of the other brands is found to have false or incomplete company names and addresses," from Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, the Health director-general statement.
Under Section 13 of Food Act 1983, any person who prepares or sells any food that has in or upon it any substance which is poisonous, harmful or otherwise injurious to health, may be fined up to RM100,000 or a maximum jail sentence of 10 years or both.
He urged the public with these products to seek medical attention immediately and also to be more cautious in purchasing any product in the future. The KKM also emphases that it is the responsibility of manufacturers, distributors and its agents to ensure that all the products are safe for consumption.