Sarawak Housing Development Corporation offers Sarawak Rental Assistance Scheme (SRAS), known as Skim Bantuan Sewa Kediaman Sarawak, based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The SRAS offers rental assistance of RM200 per month for as long as 36 months or three years. It is open for renting for work purposes in Kuching, Sibu, Miri and Bintulu only.
Criteria and Eligibility:
- Malaysian citizen that resides in Kuching, Sibu, Miri and Bintulu;
- Above 21 years old;
- Household income of no more than RM2,131 monthly or eKasih receiver;
- Married or single parents with at least children;
- Priority will be given to Orang Kurang Upaya (OKU);
- The rental premises does not belong to family members or relatives.
Documents required for the submission are as follows:
- Proof of eKasih recipient;
- Photocopy of Marriage/ divorce certificate;
- Photocopy of Identification card (both applicant and spouse);
- Photocopy of birth certificate/ MyKid/ MyKad for those under your care;
- Salary slip for the entire household;
- Photocopy of OKU card (if applicable);
- The tenancy agreement that had been verified and duty paid;
- Agreement between both owner and tenant to participate in the SRAS;
- Photos of the rental premise.
To download the form, click here.
For more information, please visit their website here.