The Asia Pacific Kindness and Leadership Leading Lights were announced, including three Malaysians, Dr Kuldip Kaur a/p Prem Singh, Hospital Director from Sungai Buloh Hospital; Rejina Rahim, Advisor of Nomura Asset Management and Shentel Lee, the Founder of Kuching Food Aid, The Playground Borneo and Bowerhaus.
These leaders demonstrated that kindness in leadership brings positive contributions to business, economy and community. They are deeply thoughtful of others and show humanity, generosity, and compassion, and are dedicated to supporting the well-being of others and fostering a spirit of collaboration.
The 'Shine A Light on Kindness' initiatives started in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2018 with the vision of placing spotlights on leaders worldwide who are using the power of kindness to make a massive impact in business and empower change.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the leadership landscape. As the world inches closer to business as usual, this initiative further embeds the importance of kindness within organizations across different regions, demonstrating the power of kindness to transcend cultural and national boundaries.
"It is tremendously exciting to announce 50 Leading Lights across both the UK and the Asia Pacific regions. By placing a spotlight on phenomenal leaders harnessing the power of kindness to make a significant impact on effecting positive change, we collectively place kindness at the centre of the leadership debate. Together, we encourage the leaders of today and tomorrow – no matter what their role or background – to #leadwithkindness, because when kindness is the currency, we can all be millionaires," said Pinky Lilani CBE DL, Founder, Women of the Future (WOF) Program.
Here is the full list of Asia Pacific Senior Leaders Nominated:
- Ana Margarita “Ginggay” Hontiveros, Vice President, Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (Philippines)
- Anna Sheppard, CEO, Bambuddha Group (Australia)
- Anthony Matis, General Manager - Strategic Engagement & Development, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (Australia)
- Ayesha Majid Lari, Founder - Chief Smiling Officer, Spreading Smiles (Pakistan)
- Bathiya Jayakody, Co-Founder and Co-Director, BNS Holdings (Sri Lanka)
- Charulata Ravi Kumar, Managing Director, Accenture (India)
- Dheeshana Ameresekere, Managing Director, The Theva Residency Boutique Hotel (Sri Lanka)
- Didar Zowghi, Deputy Dean, Professor of Software Engineering, University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
- Diya Kumari, Secretary and Trustee, Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II Museum Trust (India)
- Duncan Hewett, Senior Vice President and General Manager, the Asia Pacific and Japan, VMware (Singapore)
- Eugene Koh, Regional Finance Director – APAC, Michael Page (Singapore)
- Farida Lukmanjee, Director, Falco international Trading (Sri Lanka)
- Fonia Wong Yeung Fong, Senior Director, Everbright SHK Private (China)
- Francis Richard de Zoysa, Chairman, Elite Security Lanka (Private) Ltd (Sri Lanka)
- Jahanzeb Awan, Partner (Head of Litigation), Haidermota & Co. (Pakistan)
- Jimmy Pham, CEO/Founder, Know One Teach One (KOTO) Company Ltd (Vietnam)
- Jolly Huyen Nguyen, Founder, EVOL Vietnam (Vietnam)
- Dr Kuldip Kaur a/p Prem Singh, Hospital Director, Sungai Buloh Hospital (Malaysia)
- May Christobel Benjamin, Volunteer, Mithuruwela Cancer Support Network (Sri Lanka)
- Melissa Villa, Founder & Executive Director, Project PEARLS (Philippines)
- Mollie Jean de Dieu, General Manager, Longchamp (Singapore)
- Monika Chum, Country Manager, Visa Inc. (Cambodia)
- Nayantara Jain, Promoter, INOX GROUP (India)
- Neerja Birla, Founder & Chairperson, Aditya Birla Education Trust (India)
- Neha Mehta, CEO & Founder, FemTech Partners (Singapore)
- Nick Jonsson, Co-Founder & Managing Director, EGN Singapore (Singapore)
- Prashan De Visser, Founder and President, Sri Lanka Unites & Global Unites (Sri Lanka)
- Rejina Rahim, Advisor, Nomura Asset Management (Malaysia)
- Rosanna Flamer-Caldera, Executive Director, EQUAL GROUND (Sri Lanka)
- Dr Rubaiul Murshed, Chairperson, Shomman Foundation (Bangladesh)
- Santi Saypanya, Country Director, Wildlife Conservation Society (Laos)
- Santush Weeraman, Co-Founder and Co-Director, BNS Holdings (Sri Lanka)
- Dato Seri Setia Dr Hj Mohammad Isham bin Hj Jaafar, Minister of Health (Brunei)
- Shelina Parikh, Joint Managing Director, TechNova Imaging Systems Pvt Ltd, TechNova Group (India)
- Shentel Lee, Founder of Kuching Food Aid, The Playground Borneo and Bowerhaus (Malaysia)
- Stephen Nola, Managing Director, Oxijen Group Pty. Ltd (Australia)
- Sukanya Lee, Senior Vice President, Property Management Department, National Telecom Public Company Limited (Thailand)
- Una McCarthy-Frakhry, Director, STEM Education Organization for Cambodia (Cambodia)
- Usha Khatiwada, CEO, NRN Infrastructure & Development Limited (Nepal)
- Vincent Law, Founder, PhilanthroKids (China)
- Yunfei Liu, Deputy General Manager, Bank of China Ltd (China)
"Kindness influences employee behaviour, regardless of whether they are customer-facing or not. Practising intentional kindness amongst employees creates a positive working environment that drives employee engagement and, in turn, productivity and performance," said Hris Wei, Executive Chairman Asia & FPI Global Chairman, Aviva Digital, Asia-Pacific Listee 2020.
Congratulations to all leaders, may the kindness spread around.