The Selangor state-wide mass Covid-19 screening found that the majority of those tested positive are between the ages of 20 and 40.
The majority of these Covid-19 positive groups are asymptomatic at the time of screening.
Almost 80% of the Covid-19 positive individuals in this age group are asymptomatic and these people had been moving freely before the screening, said Mohd Noor Md Nasir, Selcare Manager.
The mass screening is sponsored by the Selangor State and is carried out by Selcare.
These new statistics are alarming as there might be more individuals that could potentially be positive but not screen.
Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari, the Menteri Besar in Selangor had previously announced that the screening would be carried out in all 56 state assembly constituencies from May 8 to 28.
Since the mass Covid-19 screening is rolled out, thousands have flocked to get themselves tested.
If you are in Selangor and would want to get yourself tested. Here is the date published:
- Hulu Langat, 8th May to 18th May
- Gombak, 18th May to 21st May
- Petaling, 21st May to 28th May
- Klang, 28th May to 1st June
- Sepang, 1st June and 2nd June
- Kuala Langat, 2nd June to 4th June
- Kuala Selangor, 5th June to 7th June
- Hulu Selangor, 7th June and 8th June
- Sabak Bernam, 9th and 10th June
You can also download the Selangkah app to register for the Covid-19 screening.